To save time, you travel before 9 a.m. or between 4.30 p.m. and 6 p.m.: these are peak times with heavy traffic (most employees start their day at 8 a.m. at 5 p.m.).
There are few signposts on the roads on Lombok (and very few traffic lights). Signs dedicated to respecting traffic regulations are almost non-existent (there is no indication of the speed limit and no radar on the road), but direction signs are also rare.
Here is an idea of travel times in Lombok, in normal traffic conditions (more two-wheelers than quadricycles), from Monday to Friday outside rush hours.
- travel time between Senggigi and Mataram: about 25 minutes
- travel time between Senggigi and the international airport: approximately 1 hour
- travel time between Senggigi and Kuta Lombok: approximately 1:30
- travel time between Senggigi and Labuhan Lombok (the ferry to Sumbawa): at least 2 hours
- travel time between Senggigi and Bangsal (to the northwestern Gili Islands): between 30 and 40 minutes
- travel time between Senggigi and the ferry port of Lembar (eg to go to Bali): about 50 minutes.
Hopefully these tips will help you plan your trip on Lombok.